Hope you and yours are having a happy holiday season! I know this time of year usually includes a lot of baking, so I wanted to share my favorite cookie recipe. It’s super easy, gluten free, and tastes so yummy (especially if you’re a chocolate lover like me). All of the measurements are in grams, so you’ll need a small kitchen scale. It’s a staple in the kitchen if you like to bake!
- 150g dark chocolate
- 70g unsalted butter
- 150g granulated sugar (I like to use a mix of organic cane sugar, coconut sugar, and maple sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 30g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- melt the chocolate and butter together on the stove using a double boiler (you can make a makeshift one by filling a pot with water and then place a glass bowl on top)
- in a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs and sugar together until tripled in volume and forms white peaks and ribbons
- pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and whisk until combined
- whisk in the cocoa powder and salt until combined
- place the batter in fridge for 10 mins for it to slightly harden
- scoop onto a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 mins
- let cool for 10 mins and then enjoy!
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do! Let me know if you have any questions. Xx, Emily
These videos are meant to be educational and instructional. They are not able to diagnose or treat a specific issue and are definitely not a substitute for a professional evaluation.