Today we are talking all things beef – grass fed versus grain finished, hormones and antibiotics, labeling and more!
- What matters when choosing the beef to feed your family
- Resources for finding high quality cattle raised locally
- What legislation and laws might have to do with your food options
Sara is a third generation cattle rancher in Arizona. Her family runs a commercial cow/calf operation in Yavapai County and they started a herd of fullblood Red Wagyu cattle. They started direct marketing beef in 2020 when people were being limited on the poundage or number of packages of beef you could buy in the stores. Since then they haven’t looked back. She loves talking to people about ranching in Arizona and all things beef.
To connect with Sara and her family’s ranch: Website: www.ezranchbeef.com
Some additional resources for your own research or to learn more
- Regarding what cattle eat and does beef then have those allergens or residue of pesticide/herbicide?
- www.BeefResearch.org fact sheet: Are consumers with food allergies at risk if beef cattle are fed with the food that provokes the consumer’s allergy?
- Research by Dr. Alison Van Eenennaam, professor at UC Davis: Detection of dietary DNA, protein, and glyphosate in meat, milk, and eggs